Friday, July 23, 2010

The Wheel

The basics of all basics in discipleship.

1) The Life in Christ
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come"
2 Cor 5:17

God. Because you came into my life, I have a purpose that is distinct from others. I am created for you. God, I am new and let me Glorify your Name.

2) Christ the Centre
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing"
John 15:5

God. I feel tremendously alone. But I know that if I keep your Word close to my heart, my path is lit by your presence and comforting light. Without you, I will fall into darkness. Without you, I will lose my way.

3) The Word
"Jesus answered 'It is written ' Men does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'"
Matthew 4:4

God, your words comforts and lifts me up. How can I live without thy loving kindness is impossible to understand. I'm frightened but your word and promises... lifts me up.

4) Prayer
"Until now, you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete"
John 16:24

God. Listen to my plea and prayer. I thank your mercy and guidance that you have been with me and has given me Your Son to die on the cross so that I can talk to you and call you Father. Your love gives me courage. For what Father will lead his daughter to darkness? God, no matter what obstacles I go through, I know you'll be there for me and lead me to where is best for me,

5) Obedience
"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
John 14:21

God, I ask myself. I know you love me. But do I truly love you. God, from my heart, I say I do. You are the Alpha and Omega and even though you are and Awesome God and I am nothing, Father you have drawn me to your embrace. God. I love you and for this, I commit my life to you. A life that glorifies you. A life that can be a lighthouse to the world.

6) Witnessing
"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ"
1John 1:3

God. This feeling I know. The comfort I get from you, I must share with the world! Lord, Give me strength that I may lead some souls to you today!

Amen.

No comments: