Thursday, August 12, 2010

Perhaps Regret?

Been studying economics just now.

And is slightly regretting coming to NUS.

I'm not sure how to explain this to myself.

Every time I attempt to study Economics, my mind sort of flutters away. I stare at the page and attempt to understand the nature of the problem and attempt to apply economic principles upon it, yet I can't help comparing it to law.

Law was interesting. Every problem relates to the cases of old; cases that truly happen and that will happen again. Every analysis wasn't an analysis based on assumptions. It truly allows a person to question every bit of the situation as if you were probing the corners of a square and to use the law like a weapon and a shield. It allows for originality, a chance to find a solution never been made before, unlike economics that seems to say the same thing as others. Every sentence seems to make sense and draws you in because it was practical, because you could even use it in everyday life and be the better layman at it.

Would it be an exaggeration to say that I love law?

Many ask me the same questions;
1) Why did you quit law? Is it because NUS is a renown university?
2) How did you know God called you to NUS?

I came to NUS because I was tremendously convinced God called me here. I didn't know why and I don't know how God will use me. All I know is that if God calls me to the ends of the earth, I will follow and obey.

I'll talk about the signs I felt that were pointing me to NUS in another entry.

I'm glad I wrote this entry though. A reminder of the reason I'm here. I've been cooped up in my room, watching shows and studying in turns, not mingling with people, terribly tempted to compromise on certain principles because of the innocent masks the tempter wears, thus frightened to mix with others, feeling lost at my own useless strength and faith in the Lord.

I was falling due to procrastination. God's word didn't seem to move me and I didn't have the motivation to continue at something I didn't enjoy. I lack prayer and I allowed idle time to bide at my hands.

But the bible regards laziness/sloth as one of the seven deadly sins!

From Proverbs, we see the effects of laziness!!

“Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in slave labor” (12:24) << yes, we will be maids and slaves if we continue in our lazzzyyy ways.

“A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing” (20:4)

“The soul of the lazy man desires and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich” (13:4 KJV).

Truly, the bible is a light onto our feet if we only look for the answers in it.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” (Ephesians 2:10).

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving”
(Colossians 3:23-24)

“Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain”
(1 Corinthians 15:58).

That's right! I have a purpose!! And I'm doing it for GOD not for MAN, for the creator! Not for myself alone! Yay =) happier now. Haha. Will attempt to study~

hee.

1 comment:

Pa-no Renee said...

that helped..me. laziness is one of the seven deadly sins..and the quotes with it!
Thanks. you saved me a little from sinning more hun.